Saturday, February 11, 2006

(insert record store name here) records - a running journal

9:15 am – i got to the store and started furiously setting up guitars for the “show us what you got” open-amp corner. after neither guitar/amp combo worked and I broke one cable, I gave up and ran to the bank and to get a 9 volt battery.

10:05 am - arrived back with change and 9 volt. bass guitar now works, still no luck on the peavey guitar amp. officially done with this project. double check stock in refrigerator




10:12 am – open for business.

11:22 am – after 3 customers, i finally have my first transaction…a buyback of 7 cds. so far, on the day, i have SPENT $15. sweet.

11:41 am – first sale of day: a vinyl bowl made from a barbara streisand record. (the first bowl i have sold since opening. good sign?)

12:42 pm – introduced a new generation of gamers to the wonders of warlords on atari.

1:15 pm – local sk8er kids show up and immediately start playing the fender.



now we’re officially rockin’.

2:32 pm – some dude just bought the crapiest lot of dvds ever. pinata survival island, the 18th angel, and some bloopers video. good riddance.

2:52 pm - the party starts:


3:10 – the band "saint joe hazelwood" shows up. sets up. and prepares to rock...slowcore style.




3:24 pm - the atari gets seriously heated.




3:59 - a lady just came in and excitedly asked if i had any boxes. "you know, for moving." i told her i would give her some if she bought something. she thought i was joking. i finally broke down and gave her some crappy box that smells like paint. she left.

4:45 - a cake arrived courtesy of someone in st louis.



it was yummy.

5:15 – 5:53 – dj towns end raises the roof for a crowd of 3.

6:12 – KU beats iowa state in basketball 88–75.

6:36 – due to the fact that all potential customers are apparently preparing for the upcoming blizzard, and the fact that i am tired and have an engagement party to go to, (insert record store name here) closes it's doors and calls it a night.

thank you and support your local record stores.

13 Comments:

Blogger aime said...

it is a well known fact that the closer you sit to the tv and the uglier the face you make...the better your atari score will become...clearly that is a picture of me winning...

in all seriousness, today was really nice...it was great to hang out and meet some new folks. thanks for sharing your record store!

10:21 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

I would like 1 Capri Sun Wild Cherry and a piece of yummy cake please.

When did the hanging records show up by the back halogen lamp? I like them.

I'm glad the vinyl bowls are starting to sell, cuz I think they are very cool.

I'm glad you included a pic of yourself. Your hair is long enough now I might not have recognized you at the airport on Thursday. hehehee (which if i'm correct is 4 days away, IF i were counting which i'm not...)

James - seriously.

I think there should be a "Where's the Blue Meanie?" in all your posts.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Mike Murrow said...

i feel so out of the loop

12:09 PM  
Blogger AlexPope said...

dude, i had a good time (wish i could have stayed longer).

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mabe you should start selling shovels, although I'm sure people swarmed the store to stock up on the essentials, like Capri Suns.

Wish I could have been there.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Agent B said...

funny post. I'm not laughing at you. Just with you.

Thanks for sharing.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Dones said...

Congratulations, cade. Que es su papa!

7:38 PM  
Blogger cade said...

what is my dad?

9:03 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

actually Cade he used a "!" so it's not "What is my dad?" but "What is my dad!" or as I like to say it "WHAT IS MY DAD!"

(i've only had 1 cup of coffee this morning, don't even give me that look.)

7:29 AM  
Blogger cade said...

i realize this. but typing "what is my dad!"? seemed too much effort.

7:55 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

WHAT IS MY DAD!

i think it should be a new shirt for the store.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Agree. I'd enjoy that shirt as much as the "your mom goes to Vagabond" 1st round winner. All in all i wish I could have been there on Saturday dsting off and honing my Atari 2800 and 5600 skills from back in the day and playing the 2/3 of a guitar song that I have memorized but my 100 degree fever decided I had other plans. I'm really happy for you though Cade and as soon as I'm back on my feet I'll swing by.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Dones said...

Gaa! My wife is the Spanish speaker of the family, I just try my best to fake it. I'm the German major, remember?

"Wer ist dein Vater?" ('Who is your daddy?') just doesn't have the same ring to it...although that'd be a great caption to a photo of Darth Vader from "Empire Strikes Back"...

By the way, if the WHAT IS MY DAD! shirt hits a million sales, please think of me. I'll be content with a penny a piece. Or at least a free shirt. Whatever.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home