Wednesday, January 11, 2006

randomness abounds

-most of you know that i hate celebrity gossip, but as this is less 'celebrity gossip' and more 'a stubborn dear friend who won't return my numerous phone calls' kind of situation, it warrants attention. i wonder how much longer they can say they are NOT in a relationship now that baby is on the way? interesting.

-"rex-kwan-do" stopped me for the 6th time outside of dunkin' donuts today to offer me a free karate lesson. not sure how he doesn't recognize me as the guy who tells him to "shove it" by now, but oh well. maybe next time i should take him up on it. could be a fun little experiment.

-there are far too many movies that i need to see before the oscars. far too many.

-i'm feeling particularly introspective lately. like there is a ton of stuff i need to get out, but can't. maybe i should just start typing. but, then again, that takes motivation and that is a rare commodity at the moment.

-i would never EVER besmirch the memory of jim henson, but watching fraggle rock: the complete first season (a GREAT christmas gift, btw) i have sadly realized just how annoying the show can be. the muppet show it ain't.

-i still do not like the fact that it is 2006. that means we are closer to 2010 than to 2000. i am not prepared to be that far along in human history.

-that's it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

I can so totally relate to the whole introspective feeling but not being able to write...I was there a few months ago...it passes eventually

Fraggle Rock is the most overrated 80's show...someone would have made an absolute FORTUNE if they had marketed and sold the stuff the doozers build with...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Dones said...

2006 and not a single freaking flying car!

WHERE'S THE FLYING CAR I WAS PROMISED?!! IT'S SIX YEARS LATE ALREADY!!!

Phew! Sorry, I'm better now.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

Just think: We're that much closer to that stupid "2010: Space Odyssey" retrospective that's bound to happen. Half the things that were supposed to happen by 2010, at least in that movie, has yet to take place.

5:10 AM  
Blogger AlexPope said...

Dude, two things:

I hear you on "Fraggle Rock." I was completely annoyed after one rendition of that show.

When you mentioned "Rex-Kwan Do," I started laughing my ass off. I run into that same guy all the time.

Don't worry about it being 06'...it's always a year or two beyond than it actually feels.

2:53 PM  
Blogger joolz said...

I had a full-ish panic attack last night about the amount of movies still to see by the Oscars. I am not pleased with myself, but I will push forward.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year, Cade. I agree with your comment about Jamie Presly. F'in hilarious.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home