Thursday, February 08, 2007

my mom would be so proud

so, i just returned from the great city of memphis* for an isolated week of work/catching up/general merriment with my friends at giant-global-financial-services-institution. and as is usually the case, most of the non-work related details of said week are not suitable for print in this space.

however, i do feel the need to share with all of you the very special award i received last night at the appreciation dinner. in a new custom, the powers that be have started "awarding" us with certificates to honor an inside joke, a random personality trait or just a general, humorous observation about each of us on the core team.

well, last night, i got this:


that's right, one of my teammates has decided to make it his mission to go ahead and "out" me.

i don't really feel that i NEED to explain this, but i will anyway. there were several comments made or stories told this week that included a few of the following:

1) a story about me picking out "a really good" pair of shoes for a female teammate in england after the oddest of luggage mishaps. (in reality, it was the helpful store clerk who picked the shoes...i just bought them)

2) a comment i made about someone's pinstriped suit "not matching." (it didn't.)

3) playing a song from the sondheim musical sunday in the park with george for another teammate after a meeting. (what can i say? i was a theatre major. sondheim is a genius. and the other teammate and i both saw the show in london and he had inquired about the soundtrack earlier in the week)

4) i know there are more small things...i don't remember them, but apparently they have been "recorded" for future use. (whatever)


guess we'll have to wait and see the verdict.



ps.. has anyone else been "forced" to migrate to blogger beta? i was and i am not happy about it.



* - this is a lie. memphis, at least in february, sucks.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger ahbahsean said...

KristYn always told me if I got a chance to date a guy who was a "little gay" to do so...because then they won't complain about getting dressed up or going to the theater, etc... I thought this was good advice but I had no idea that I would be lucky enough to date an award winning "gayest straight man!"

I feel so empowered!
Let's go shopping!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Mike Murrow said...

you are in beta eh? was it s a lot of work to keep the old template design?

i have been playing around with beta trying to keep my old template and can't do it yet.

of course blogger is zero help.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to disappoint your friends from globo-gym-bank-whatever-institute, but as a former roommate, you're WAY too messy to be gay. That certainly has to detract somewhat from your "gayness".

(btw, 31 days till selection sunday. 34 days till vegas)

8:52 PM  
Blogger cade said...

good point dave, i will let them know.


yeah, baby.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I have definitely known messy gay men. I love how the slightest variation from a silverback-baboon-alpha-male behavior can raise suspicions about sexual preference. And let's face it, Gobo, you've no hope of ever avoiding gay friendly themes if you're into theater.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Dones said...

Let's see...

I'm a high tenor and get mistaken as a woman on the telephone. As a result I get called "Ma'am" a lot while at work, since the phone *is* my work.

I've always had the hugest crush on Olivia Newton-John. (I've been told she's the young man's Judy Garland). I find myself singing songs from her musical movies, at her octave, all the time.

I am more fashion-conscious than my wife.

I have always gotten along with women far easier than men.

Cade, I feel your pain. But considering the theatre connection--and more importantly, the pageant connection--you have me beat. But consider it a compliment...somehow.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Dones said...

Oh, and I went to Blogger Beta by choice, fully intending to abandon Blogger forever once Movable Type is up and running on my server. I invite all interested to join me! (Maybe not on my server, but in leaving Blogger)...

10:40 AM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

I fought Blogger beta for as long as I could. I hate the new thing. I don't know anything about it so I'm guessing left and right.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could have been so much worse. You could have gotten the "Straightest Gay Man Award."

5:40 PM  
Blogger cade said...

don't think i could have accepted that award.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home