Thursday, May 18, 2006

one day out of the year

so, i was gonna write about how i never make a big deal out of my birthday. how i tend to get silently upset when those around me try to make a big deal out of my birthday. how i appreciate the phone calls and the occasional card, but really don't want to "celebrate" the occassion.

however, i am in delaware and surrounded by people who insist on making a deal of it. so, i will just say that if you are at all like me, DO NOT EVER go to t.g.i.friday's on your birthday. (before you judge, remember, it's delware, there are no other choices but friday's.) just trust me.

long story short, one commemorative "first state" themed plate, two drinks, a few "totally" inappropriate conversations and one forced chair-standing-napkin-waving embarassment later...and all i can think about is the fact that i have been awake since 4 o'clock this morning.

it was a good way to spend the last night of civilization. *

thank you to all who wished me well. i am going to bed.


* - the movie version of "the da vinci code" hits theatres tomorrow night and i have no doubt that God is going to rain down his wrath on those of us fools who have been led astray by this evil work of brain washing, action-packed heresy. hollywood and all that see this movie will be destroyed for turning this work of "fiction" into a mainstream accepted recruitment for the anti-christ's army in the war against the church. woe to anyone who would bow to mr brown and his pagan, leftist agenda. armageddon is nigh. it's been a good world. i will certainly miss it. but, until the sulfur starts to fall, get out there and protest, people!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

happy birthday bro...sorry it was in delaware...

peace

9:49 PM  
Blogger Dones said...

Happy Birthday! I've been worried about you Massachusetts-ans (?) getting a bit water-logged. Hope you have a great weekend, despite the sulfur rain.

On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen you give such a bold statement about anything related to Christianity. You always tended to be mum around me (I think a lot was assumed, which was cool). Glad to see you being vocal, though. Must be the sleep deprivation.

But I have to wonder whether or not God would really side with the critics at Cannes...I guess He doesn't really 'side' with anyone, though, does He? :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

I just hope pictures were taken of your napkin-waving experience...

The world can't end tomorrow. I'm only on Chapter 9 in the book! I better get cracking. If the world is being destroyed I at least need to read enough to understand why.

Happy birthday Cade. Remember there's a seat in Busch Stadium with your name on it someday soon. (Well, maybe not LITERALLY your name on it... but close enough).

4:45 AM  
Blogger caramac said...

Happy birthday, Eric Cade...and ps: now that the end of the world is officially upon us, am I officially going to hell since I can't wait to see the movie?

10:23 PM  
Blogger cade said...

thanks cara, and i will be praying for your decision.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home