Monday, June 27, 2005

whew!

late last night, i returned from (possibly) my last official week of work with "giant-global-financial-institution" for the entire year. it was capped off by my first (and hopefully last) ever losing trip to las vegas. so, here is what you may have missed in my 3 week absence:

- on what can only be called a "debrief day" in san diego last week, the cool breeze and low temperatures convinced me that i would not burn in the sun...i, of course, was wrong.

- i have nothced up 3 more ballparks on my tour.

- my laptop computer (aka: the devil) and my eddie bauer suitcase (aka: the devil's suitcase) have made their last trips anywhere. they are hereby retired from public life.

- i have the opportunity to fly into the interior of mexico in the next few weeks to shoot a mission documentary....with my dad. (i could not be more excited about this.)

- i accidentally washed my cellphone after an exhausting round of 100 degree golf and was forced to buy a too-expensive replacement WITH a dreaded camera-phone.

- the more i listen to it, the more i love the new coldplay album.

- i read nick horby's high fidelity and am mostly through about a boy. why have i never read him 'til now?

- thanks to a grumpy old man, i now want to visit china more than ever.

- on that tip, i am going to paris next year for the french open if it kills me. (possible sidejaunt to scotland giddily noted.)

- i have no job, no money and i am planning not 1, not 2, but THREE trips to foreign countries.

- i need a job.

- having been in kansas city, texas AND calfornia in the past 21 days...beverly feels like home.

10 Comments:

Blogger leanne said...

We're glad you're home, bun.

11:42 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

do you want to work for Scary Chemical Company? They apparently only post jobs in Boston.

12:36 PM  
Blogger cade said...

me working at scary chemical company would be, well...scary.

besides, i don't want to take away YOUR job. ha ha.

leanne-

careful.

12:41 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

BUT...if you took my job, I could apply at Ridiculously Low-Funded Child Counseling Facility.

12:48 PM  
Blogger g13 said...

as per hornby...i don't know why. he is a remarkably humane writer.

as per beverly...we're incomplete without you.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

I'll go work for the scary chemical company. It wouldn't be the first time I worked with scary things.

5:10 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

Krista, It's less scary things as scary people. It also helps if you have a PhD because as it turns out PhDs can do ANYTHING.

Cade, the paris/scotland jaunt makes me jealous. Jerk. Good thing you've got that new cameraphone to take pictures.

5:47 AM  
Blogger cade said...

the day i actually USE my camera phone instead of one of my others will be the end of the world. period.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

I can work with scary people-I've done it before. Besides, who says I'm not doing it now.

7:29 AM  
Blogger james said...

Am sharing your growing like for Coldplay's "X&Y"

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home