Monday, April 18, 2005

class outside

today, finally, i went outside to enjoy the new england spring weather.

yes, today is the kind of crystal-clear, sunny-without-being-hot, mid-60s, enough-of-a-breeze-to-make-you-want-to-sleep-in-the-park kinda day that turns every college sophmore into 3rd grader, begging the professor: "can we have class outside today?"

so (at post-time, nearly 7 years removed from college) i had my own class outside today. it mostly consisted walking to the beach (a mere 2 blocks away.) taking a break anywhere my mind told me. sitting and writing a bit while my digital walkman dj'ed all of my personal favorites. observing kids playing wiffleball in beverly common. a great afternoon capped off with lunch at the atomic cafe and a trip to my local bank.

i friggin' love spring.

1 Comments:

Blogger joolz said...

Just that you said "class outside" conjures so many excellent memories. I can almost smell the fresh grass.

Sounds like a lovely day.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home