Tuesday, November 30, 2004

ten things i hate....holiday edition

1) snow stopped being fun when i turned 16. now, it's just a nuisance.

2) old navy ads

3) the perpetual myth of santa claus that is breeding a new generation of gift-hungry, spoiled children

4) being forced to travel elbow to elbow with holiday travellers

5) f***ing egg nog

6) a month-long reminder of my own credit card debt

7) this thing

8) clay aiken (i know, he has nothing to do with the holidays, but i still hate him.)

9) christmas special after christmas special after christmas special.

10) i don't care what jessica simpson and nick lachey are doing for christmas! I DON'T CARE! DON'T SHOW ME!

5 Comments:

Blogger james said...

Brilliant man. Do they have a "Pimp My Ride" Holiday Edition?

6:32 AM  
Blogger cade said...

"pimp my sleigh"

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Clay Aiken is a valid point. According to my infamous office reading he just put out a Christmas CD. So now you can hate him more. -Kellie

8:15 AM  
Blogger cade said...

i feel so validated. and i'm gonna buy that book. i could use something from "one of the biggest pop stars of all time" to inspire me to follow my own dreams,

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow stopped being fun when I was around eight-that's when I became the primary shoveler in my family and we had a sand/dirt driveway-so shoveling required an extra amount of expertise.

Old Navy ads: Yesterday I was ready to pour Drain-o into my ears in the hopes that it would rot that stupid "Performance Fleece" jingle right out of my brain where it had jammed for hours.

Being forced to travel with holiday-ers: I have thought about putting a sign in my car window that says, "Look I just want to get home, I have no interest in being in the way of your shopping mayhem!"

Clay Aiken: as the editor of the Biography page at cbd, I have to push that piece of shite.

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey: They make me long for the days of "Wookie Christmas".

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home