Tuesday, May 01, 2007

ten things you don't know about me

for anyone who cares. some of you may know some of this, but i doubt if anyone knows ALL of them.

-i read magazines from back to front. always have

-i have a slight shoe fetish (in reality, it's actually a slight ALDO fetish)

-i am, somewhat irrationally, afraid of goats (there is a reason they are associated with the devil)

-i think night court was one of the funniest shows to ever air on television (and am unapologetic about it)

-i took not one, but TWO dance classes in college (and retained nothing)

-i've seen every episode of charmed (no note. just sadness)

-i am intrigued by cemeteries and have a particular fascination with visiting celebrity graves

-i sang baritone in a barbershop quartet in high school (we had no name...so don't ask)

-the movie rudy makes me cry...every time...without fail

-in the 9th grade, i cut the end of my left index finger off in a freak table saw mishap (i still have the nightstand i was making)

that is all.

10 Comments:

Blogger james said...

If i were to add 11 and 12 could I add:

- Learned Calculus from a teacher who was blind.

- Once had a small creature living in your knee.

3:37 PM  
Blogger cade said...

it would have to be "learned" calculus...cause i sure as heck didn't. and don't forget that he was from argentina AND wrote on the chalkboard despite being blind.

as for the creature...yeah, that's a pretty good one.

4:23 PM  
Blogger leanne said...

Women's shoes or men's?

6:06 AM  
Blogger cade said...

either really, but i only BUY the men's.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dones said...

I think we need a photo of the index finger in question, as I am flummoxed that this has never come to light all the while I've known you, especially given my own tractor alternator fan experience when I was 3, cutting off the tip of my right index finger (which was subsequently reattached).

PS - You're right about Night Court. I was thinking about how funny it was, just the other day. Harry Anderson was the man! Plus I remember the 'day court' episode where everyone was dog tired and Roz turned out to be quite the morning person (hilarity ensued).

5:48 AM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

I deeply cut my left index finger while cropping a photo when I worked at a newspaper. The best part-I was wearing some really great vampire fangs when I did it.

We should all post photos of our worst finger accidents.

Did that sound perverted to you? It did to me and now I'm laughing.

7:30 AM  
Blogger cade said...

bg - ha!

as for my finger, i have to say that (despite the seemingly-eternal wait) the doctor did a very good job of mending and re-creating it. there is a definite scar and the nail is a little weird now, but for the most part, it's not much to behold.

dones - my favorite episodes were always the ones where they had to close like 100 cases before midnight for some stupid reason. juvenile. wacky. hysterical.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay.. as the mother here... I knew all but "2"... shoe fetish, huh?, and goats, Aunt Rhonda would be so disappointed... I thought the little triplets and twins were darling myself.
I vouch for the finger, I was there !
Mom Cade

8:31 PM  
Blogger Mike Murrow said...

ha ha i knew about the finger.

and i had my suspicions about the shoe fetish.

i miss you man.

11:20 PM  
Blogger DJ Word said...

step away from the Aldo fetish. their psuedo shoes are lacking in craftsmanship.

Step into the World of john Fluevog. they are expensive, created by artists and last forever.

they are amazing and wore by rock stars and businessmen. Fluevog is a Christian and a hero of mine. he has a store on Newberry.

www.fluevog.com

Until you own these, you are not a true shoe afficianado. Buy a pair and change the course of your life.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home