Thursday, October 19, 2006

post #1 (ammended):

why the new york mets st. louis cardinals will win the world series

1) simply put, in july of 2004, i attended a red sox game at fenway park. in october, they won the world series. in june of 2005, i attended a white sox game at new comiskey. in october THEY won the world series. in april july of 2006, i attended a mets cards game at shea busch....this is an obvious trend.

(i realize that some of you may point out the error in my logic by reminding me that i also saw a cardinals mets game at new busch shea in july april of this year. so i will offer more evidence.)


2) 2004: champion red sox' center fielder is former royal, johnny damon. 2005: champion white sox' right fielder (and world series MVP) is former royal, jermaine dye. 2006: mets' center fielder cardinal's pitcher (and future world series MVP) is former royal, carlos beltran jeff suppan...again, the trend cannot be ignored.

3) the last two teams to knock the mets cardinals out of the post season, the yankees astros and the braves red sox, are no longer a threat...start chilling the champagne.

4) because a team that i like have heard of HAS to win something someday. the failure just can't continue.

5) 20 24 years, baby. 20 24 years.

6) just to piss off gentry yours truly.


discuss.


note to author: damnit.

5 Comments:

Blogger leanne said...

I love you, dude.

Go Tiges!

7:45 AM  
Blogger g13 said...

monts, baseball doesn't "let" teams win the world series. the only way you can grasp that trophy is by besting one opponent in a best of five series and two opponents in a best of seven series.

if you need me to explain the playoff structure further, please let me know. i realize that you're a cubs fan, but i think that you will be able to grasp it.

*hugs*

11:10 AM  
Blogger g13 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't re-live the "I was a Cardinals fan, then gave up baseball because of the strike, then became a Mets fan" ordeal here, but needless to say, I wasn't happy with the outcome.

However, my disappointment left me pretty quickly after I got an email from my uncle. He basically said that it would be special for him (and the family) if the Cardinals won the WS the year my Grandmother passed away since she was a HUGE Cardinals fan. So, with her in mind, Go Cardinals.

p.s. Sorry Gentry, but me rooting for the Cardinals may not fair so well for you and the team.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

dammit

tell me that just didnt happen


crap

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home