Monday, October 09, 2006

post #2: welcome to norfolk, nebraska

upon my arrival at the lovely holiday inn express in norfolk this weekend, i was greeted with a gift bag in my room. apparently, the fact that i have stayed there the last 5 years has garnered me some favor. which is surprising.

below is a picture of the contents of said gift bag:



contents: (clockwise from top left) my key envelope, a "does not play nice with others" postcard, dorothy lynch salad dressing, a night light, baby wipes travel pack, a madison county visitors guide, ford keychain, a packet of chai tea, a luggage name tag and a package of microwave popcorn. (not pictured: the twix bar that was eaten immediately upon arrival after 16 hour travel day.)

they are so good to me. i mean who doesn't need a travel-sized bottle of dorothy lynch for those little emergency moments?

8 Comments:

Blogger Dones said...

Dorothy Lynch is da bomb.

cade, I haven't laughed so hard at a single picture of items in a very, VERY long time! The Huggies wet naps and the native-american-esque nightlight, dressing, postcard...please excuse me while I laugh some more...

5:46 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

This puts the St. Louis Sheraton to shame... ;)

Always the best for you, Cade.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Agent B said...

Yeah...I think Nebraska is a little nutty. But I have good memories there. It served as a weekend getaway for a long distance girlfriend (now wife) from Sask and me from TX.

Enough about my private past. What do you do that makes you travel so much? Do tell.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

Hahah,I have never seen a more random bunch of gifty items. It's like the hotel had its employees go on a scavenger hunt and whatever they came back with, they divvied up for giftbags.

Who is Dorothy Lynch? Never mind, I'll wikipedia her.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Dones said...

"Who is Dorothy Lynch? Never mind, I'll wikipedia her."

Another website turned into a verb. I wonder when someone will ever 'cadeland' something/someone else...

7:09 AM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

Actually I have never heard "I'll wikipedia it." I'm hoping to start a trend.

9:12 AM  
Blogger cade said...

man, i "cadeland" stuff all the time. it rocks.

dorothy is, in fact the bomb, and now i have her whenever i want.

b- i didn't know agent wife was "of the northern" persuasion. that's cool, in a weird sort of way. does mike know this? he thinks he's canadian from time to time. (also, that l.d.r. makes "boston-st lou" seem like next door.)

and to answer your other question, i do many things that cause me travel...but the two most prominent are "technical contractor for the training/cultural integration wing of a major international financial institution" and "producer/sometime-freelance-light/video-guy for a major international pageant institution...on the state level."

aren't you glad you asked?

10:36 AM  
Blogger Dones said...

"man, i "cadeland" stuff all the time. it rocks."

Good point. I suppose I 'metamorphilia' things quite often...but it'll different when other people start doing that.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home