Monday, September 11, 2006

"you have a great day, sir."

it's been five years.

and despite the constant reminders, i still catch myself thinking it couldn't possibly have happened. it's still too un-real.

in addition, i am reminded of my first return to the world trade center. it was a good year and a half after the attack and i found myself standing on the corner of vesey and church, a place i had taken some of my favorite photographs of my previous visit, for what seemed like hours.

i'm not sure what exactly the look on my face was, but it inspired a nearby homeless man to intervene.

"sir. why are you sad? this is a place of hope."

i nodded and forced a smile.

"God bless. you have a great day, sir."

and he was gone.




so, if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go have a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Before Girl said...

I think it's the weather today that I find most disturbing. So eerily alike.

6:40 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

i like this, but i can't think of anything that would add to it. ...but i wanted to say i like it.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home