Thursday, October 20, 2005

mr. brightside

this post is blamed, in its entirety, on amy grant.

sometimes i wish i could be on a lame tv show.

sometimes i wish my 20's were more productive.

i wish that my 30's will be.

sometimes i wish that i were more creative.

sometimes i wish that i didn't waste so much time.

sometimes i wish i would just lose that stupid 20 pounds.

sometimes i wish i was a house cat. that would pretty much rule.

sometimes i wish that i could be really, really good at one thing, instead of just kinda good at a lot of things.

i wish someone would pay me to see the world.

i wish i didn't have such an uncontrollable desire to see the world.

i wish i enjoyed the journey more than the destination.

i wish i understood God's timing.

sometimes i wish i could eat pizza for every meal.

i wish i was a rock star.

i wish money was the kind of thing i could choose not to worry about.

i wish i could choose not to worry about more things.

i wish i didn't worry so much.

i wish i could always live up to my nonchalant attitude.

i wish autumn could hang around for a while. winter can bite my ass.

i wish i didn't get annoyed at small things as easily as i do.


but, even as all of these wishes go unanswered, i know my life is good and i believe that i am happier now than i have been in a very long time. and that's pretty cool. so take that, amy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Before Girl said...

"sometimes i wish i would just lose that stupid 20 pounds." yeah me too. 'Course that might be too skinny for me.

"sometimes i wish that i could be really, really good at one thing, instead of just kinda good at a lot of things." You're preachin to the choir, man.

5:10 AM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

Amy Grant makes me cry.

If it's any consolation I wish someone would pay you to see the world too..and that they give you extra tickets to bring friends.

AND I wish that that eyesmaze game wasn't blocked at work so I could figure out how to win that silly thing.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I can't believe you're wishing you were a rock star...did you TOTALLY FORGET 1993-94?

You were the bass player of the MOST POPULAR BAND in all of Ellsworth Dormitory that had nothing else to do but enter a gong show.

For those 25 minutes...we were ROCK STARS!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Mike Murrow said...

hey buddy, i just wish i was there, or you were here...

and i just realized i didn't get any pics of you and your sick facial hair...

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cade,
Yes NSMT is a great theatre if you're ever back in the biz. Just don't intern there. :) I live in Boulder, Colorado (or just outside) and will be celebrating my 1 year wedding anniversary on Dec. 30. Weird, huh? I know you still have the high school image of me. I am much cooler now! I work at the Humane Society and the hospital in the ICU. I also have a blog (cturpen.blogspot.com) if you're ever interested in reading girl-emote. Take care. Hope you are well! I will keep reading. Love your stuff.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home