Sunday, September 20, 2009

2009 network tv dead pool

i've wanted to do this for a few years now, but haven't gotten around to it due to poor timing and monumental laziness. anyway, here it is:

this is simply a pool where we each chose a show that is new to the 2009 fall tv line-up and whoever's show gets canceled first....wins some sort of prize that will be determined at a later date. simply comment on this post with the show you wish to chose and wait for the axe to fall. first come, first serve.

here are the shows:

8) accidentally on purpose (cbs) jenny
3) er trauma (nbc) rcade
9) melrose place (the cw) bruiser
- v (abc) pix
- ncis: los angeles (cbs) judy
- the good wife (cbs) s
11) the forgotten (abc) bg
- glee (fox) buerger
7) er mercy (nbc) cade
1) the beautiful life (the cw)
2) eastwick (abc) leanne
4) hank (abc) dan
- the middle (abc) kroeker
- modern family (abc)
- cougar town (abc) jessie
10) flash forward (abc) carrie
- the vampire diaries (the cw)
- community (nbc)
5) brothers (fox) care
- the cleveland show (fox) dave
6) three rivers (cbs) james

choose wisely. and if you can't or don't want to leave a comment here...you may send me a message on facebook.

disclaimer: only new shows on network stations are included. no cable shows, for obvious reasons. also, reality shows are not included, because it is typically impossible to cancel a reality show mid-season. i will wait until the 5th choice is in before i make mine as to not cherry pick any obvious picks.

26 Comments:

Blogger Rcade said...

One for Trauma, please.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Jay Leno doesn't make the list??

6:22 PM  
Blogger cade said...

ha. i was gonna add him to the disclaimer as "un-cancelable" because, let's face it, he is...but i forgot.

good catch.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmm. it's a toss-up for me between The Good Wife and Hank. I guess I'll go with Hank...

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

The cougar one. Please!!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I guess Jay could fall into your disclaimer, since it really isn't a new show just same show at a different time. Put me down for accidentally on purpose. Thanks!

6:32 PM  
Blogger leanne said...

Argh, I wanted Cougar Town! Put me down for Eastwick, please.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kroeker: I'm going on a limb to say Eastwick. Sure it has the stars and hot women, however it might be a little too corney? I would assume people would get sick of ERish medical dramas, but apparently I've been wrong so far.

7:26 PM  
Blogger cade said...

sorry kroeker. leanne beat you to that one.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous buergermeister said...

Tough call between The Forgotten and Glee, but I'll take Glee

6:11 AM  
Blogger Before Girl said...

You put "The Forgotten" twice. Nice irony though. That's my vote. On another note I've never even heard of half these shows.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

I'll take V. I never liked that letter anyways.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Cougar Town is my first choice, then Trauma...but I'll go with Flash Forward.

5:52 PM  
Blogger cade said...

i'm shocked no one has gone with 'brothers' yet.

it's michael strahan in a sitcom, people. it CAN'T be good.

5:49 AM  
Blogger care said...

I'll take brothers for you. :o)

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put me down for NCIS Los Angeles

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kroeker: Alright, alright... I'll take "The Middle". I like Heaton and Flynn, but the concept seems over done and doesn't have enough of a catch to keep people's attention. It will get lost in the shuffle.

8:37 PM  
Blogger cade said...

say goodnight, "the beautiful life." we hardly knew ye.

game is still on, though since no one picked it.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

I'll take The Good Wife. They need to come up with a good storyline for Matt Czuchry in a hurry, because the main storyline is predictable and boring.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruiser here...

Gimme Melrose Place - it was horrible the first time, gong to be worse this time.

Is the gay guy back?

9:11 PM  
Blogger cade said...

bruce, you are dead to me.

but, i'll add you to the list.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous just dave said...

It's not the worst show on the list, but easily the most disappointing. Give me the Cleveland Show.

7:38 PM  
Blogger cade said...

done. oh, and i have good intel that suggests that three rivers is "terrible."

incidentally, i am shocked that only one show has been cut so far. we're almost 3 weeks into the new season. it's usually a bloodbath at this point.

10:44 AM  
Blogger cade said...

according to ew....leanne is our winner!

congrats, le. as soon as i figure out an appropriate prize, it will be in the mail.

6:15 AM  
Blogger leanne said...

YESSS! I can't believe half of these shows lasted this long.

8:24 AM  
Blogger cade said...

i know. i am amazed that some of them are still on.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home