Sunday, August 23, 2009

bands i am done with

it's time for a new segment here at the annex. bands i am done with is an effort to create a complete list of new bands that seem to get a lot of love but are, in fact, not that great.

there are a handful of bands out right now that have caused me to consider making this segment. but, none have baffled me more than our first installment:

airborne toxic event

a.t.e. (as our local, independent radio station likes to call them) burst onto the scene in 2008 with the song "sometime around midnight." it's like a combination of early snow patrol and the late, great josh joplin group (both of which i like) all thrown together in an angsty little emo stew.

and i can't stand angsty little emo stew. we get it...you're in pain.

but, i tend to try not to judge a band on one song, so a.t.e. had their chance to redeem themselves, though, with the follow-up single "wishing well." unfortunately for them, the song does nothing for me.

so, i'm left with only one choice...to be done with airborne toxic event. i'm sure they're nice guys. i just don't care.

3 Comments:

Blogger Between and Becoming said...

Crazy. I just got turned onto them this weekend. I heard one song and came running to iTunes to see what it was.

That was just one song, though.

I like this segment.

2:53 PM  
Blogger cade said...

no worries. i won't judge you if you like them. i just can't.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Well, I guess I'm not missing anything by never having heard of them.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home