Friday, July 14, 2006

greetings from "baseball heaven"

this post breaks down into two underlying themes:

80% to say how cool my girlfriend is
20% to piss off gentry

for my birthday, i received a ticket to the new busch stadium in st louis.

last night, i got to go



this not so much a review of the stadium, but a list of things i noticed.

-it looks fake (read: cheap) from outside
-however, the views inside (including the relative closeness of all the seats to the field) are pretty spectacular
-it smells like a grease fire
-despite the occasional rain, we saw a great game (3-2 cardinals in the 14th on a walk-off pujols homer)
-kids in st louis are mental
-it's NOT baseball heaven

that's about it. it's a fun date. i recommend it.

9 Comments:

Blogger g13 said...

did that response satisfy you?

1:39 PM  
Blogger cade said...

exactly what i was looking for. thanks.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dones said...

Hope the date was fun, and you're enjoying your time together.

7:28 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

I liked our seats.

I liked that no one was behind me to spill things on me like last year.

I was spellbound by the drunk guy one section over who managed to find cold ones somehow all the way into the 12th inning.

The jumbotron screen asking unsuspecting people to kiss one another terrified me. (no offense cade).

I am hereby instituting a rule that all women must wear more than a sports bra to be allowed to watch a game at the new stadium.

6:22 AM  
Blogger mikeofearthsea said...

"Cinderella from rags to riches - Kyle Snyder enters the promised land..."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AtkPsTI4WHXv2hLC851a1hoRvLYF?gid=260619102

(promised land --> Fenway Park)

Also...

(At the risk of setting myself up, hope your "gift" is will not disappoint...)

"Salvage effort: Boston hopes Snyder is the answer..."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=Au8DnAIEf9CYQ978e_wxKzERvLYF?gid=260716102

10:23 AM  
Blogger mikeofearthsea said...

"I am hereby instituting a rule that all women must wear more than a sports bra to be allowed to watch a game at the new stadium..."

What about the soon-to-debut Cardinal Cheerleaders?...

(*just kidding*)

;-)

10:27 AM  
Blogger mikeofearthsea said...

Well, Synd's second outing was not quite as good as his first but - hey, I'm a red Sox fan - I've got faith...

-moes

8:15 PM  
Blogger Dones said...

"I am hereby instituting a rule that all women must wear more than a sports bra to be allowed to watch a game at the new stadium."

I distinctly hope some of them were at least wearing pants!

4:28 PM  
Blogger ahbahsean said...

No Dones, she was not wearing pants.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home