Monday, March 21, 2005

5 days and $200 later...

okay, so i am back from my annual trip to las vegas.

i am tired.

i haven't eaten since yesterday.

my head is pounding.

so, since i was accidentally internet-less whilst in sin-city, here is the only recap you will get:

basketball: overall, a crazy and completely unpredictable first two rounds. despite a certain game on friday night that the midnight rule* has erased from my memory, there were some fun contests, but i would stop short of saying this was a great year as far as games go.

gambling: thanks to a 4-game parlay on the first day and the chance combination of a 25 cent poker machine with the 2nd half of the kentucky/cincinnati game, i came out even and won back the $200 ($50/day) i took with which to gamble. of course, food and other merriment knocked me down from there a bit, but the point is i didn't LOOSE money gambling.

my bracket: my national champ is still alive, but i hold no hope that i will ever see my $10 or any of its friends ever again.

joolz: it was lovely meeting you. the 20 second conversation we had at the bellagio made me feel like we've known each other for years. yeah, no. we suck at this whole rendevouz thing. next time, we'll actually sit down for a minute or two, deal?

cirque du soliel: how you continue to come up with this crap that just astounds this over-critical-theatre-snob is beyond me. bravo. if you're in vegas, and you have $100 to spare, see KA.

southwest airlines out of mccarran: i will never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never do it again. never.

i can't think of anything else. sleep has been missed and will be greatly enjoyed tonight.


*-the midnight rule was adopted by my circle of friends in the mid 90's as a survival technique. simply put, at midnight after a bad KU loss, the game ceases to exist. espn occasionally tries to conjure up phantom memories, but it never works.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so quick to kiss bracket money goodbye. Your picks are very much alive and kicking in Florida -- 2nd place and gaining. And if by some Lenten miracle every remaining game is picked correctly, it's a 1st place lock. So welcome home, sleep well, and cross your fingers.

6:58 PM  
Blogger cade said...

yeah...those picks were made with the head...but my heart refuses to pick illinois to win it. but, i would never subject you to "heart-picks."

7:12 PM  
Blogger joolz said...

I'm sorry, E. Cade. We shall meet again. I plan on being in Boston in August for a Sox game. Then, my friend, then we shall have our time.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home